Sunday, April 5, 2009

Running Changes Everything!

Today was the day that I have been working towards for the last 4 months, the Big D half marathon! I was physically prepared for the race, but I got mentally tired around mile 8. I am not sure of my exact time but it was around 1hour and 50 minutes. I would like to thank Jacob for helping me reach this goal, he has never once complained about me leaving Colton and him when I had to go for a run. Thank you to my parent's and in-laws for coming into town to watch me run and to keep Colton, so Jacob and I could go into Dallas and spend the night. My sweet friend Anna (thank you) also came and watched me run, but the picture I have with her is to horrible of me to post!



My bib number 1067.


Some random runner and me!



The start line, look at all those crazy runners!





I was happy to see my sweet Colton when I finished running 13 miles! Look at his shirt, his Nana made it for him. It says, My Mom Ran 13 Miles!
Official Results:
It took me 1 hour, 49 minutes and 23 seconds to run a half marathon. I came in 11th in my age group (25-29) out of 233. Overall I came in 225 out of 1819! :)

7 comments:

GeeGee said...

We are so proud of you for making the finish line. We knew you could do it. Congrats!

Love You,
Grandma and Grandad

angie said...

Erica you are a great runner. You should be very proud of yourself, I wish I had the drive that you have. Congrats

Magen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is so awesome! I bet Colton was so proud of his mommy ;)
Wish we could have come to see you run!
Love you,
Aunt Magen

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! I am so proud of you! :)
Amanda

Nana Norrid said...

Erica
The pleasure was all ours but I am sad I didn't get to see you cross the finish line but enjoyed keeping Colton so you could go and run your race. We are proud of you we always told you could do whatever you set your mind to.

All our love Mom and Dad

Mike & Sharon said...

Why did it take you so long to run 13 miles? I ran 13 ft. one time.

We love seeing pics of Colton. We worry everyday if you are showing him pictures of us so he will know us.

Mike and Sharon

karson said...

Wow! Erica, you are awesome. Way to go!